Founded in 1784, Moses Brown is an independent, college preparatory school, enrolling 765 boys and girls, nursery through grade 12. The school's founder — an innovative thinker, philanthropist, and entrepreneur named Moses Brown — envisioned a progressive school that defined excellence. Today, his school continues to help children reach their full potential, academically, spiritually, and athletically.
The MB community is committed to the following:
We engage all constituents in the collaborative process of nurturing students’ growth and supporting their aspirations. We foster self-discovery, learning for its own sake, resourcefulness, and compassion.
- Friends Education: Promoting academic excellence, scholarship, and service to others within the framework of a vigorous curriculum, a broad offering of arts and athletics, and a life strongly rooted in the Quaker practices of simplicity, peace, integrity, community, equality, and stewardship.
- Leadership and Character: Fostering personal achievement and fulfillment, guiding all members of the school community to become informed, compassionate, and engaged global citizens, capable of leading in an ever-changing world.
- Community: Building a diverse community that respects all voices, perspectives, and cultures. Honoring the intrinsic value of each person influences our decision making, connects us in essential ways, and merits our full attention.
- Reflection and Discovery: Creating an atmosphere that promotes reflection and joy in learning — one that inspires students to accept challenges, take pride in their accomplishments, and discover their missions in the world.
- Sustainability: Instilling a respect for the right sharing of the earth’s resources by demonstrating regard for the environment, both locally and globally.
- Wellness: Developing our students’ personal, social, and physical well-being through individual and collaborative experiences that promote a healthy community and school culture.