Teton County is located in the northwestern corner of Wyoming and is nestled at the foot of the majestic Teton and the Gros Ventre Mountain Ranges. Within the county’s borders are the Jackson Hole valley, Grand Teton National Park, the National Elk Refuge, Bridger-Teton National Forest, and over 40% of Yellowstone National Park. These protected, public lands comprise 97% of all land within the county, leaving 3% for private ownership. With the limited availability of private lands, housing in Teton County is challenging but the Teton County Housing Authority and other groups are working to address affordable housing opportunities for the local workforce. For information about local real estate visit the Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce.
With so many natural and national treasures at our doorstep, Teton County has abundant arts, recreational and cultural offerings for residents and visitors alike. Local resorts and businesses support our tourism-based economy with a wide variety of shopping, dining and lodging options. More information about visiting Teton County is available through the Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce or the Wyoming Office of Tourism. To see what is going on in Jackson Hole right now, take a look at these web cams.
The county is governed by 12 elected officials including the Assessor, Attorney, Clerk, Clerk of Court, Coroner, a five member Board of Commissioners, Sheriff and Treasurer. County services include a library, public health office, parks and recreation department, public transit and pathways system, planning and building, and emergency response. The county seat is located in the town of Jackson, which is the county’s only municipality. Other towns within the county include Alta, Hoback Junction, Kelly, Moose, Moran, Teton Village and Wilson. Teton County is represented at the State legislature by Senate Districts 16 and 17 and House Districts 16, 22 and 23. The State of Wyoming is represented by a single At-Large Congressional District. Teton County has a single school district, Teton County School District #1, a hospital, and a thriving non-profit community .
With its dramatic scenery, western heritage and hospitality and abundant wildlife and open space, Teton County is a unique place, inspiring over 20,000 residents to call it home and drawing over 3 million visitors annually from around the world.