This is a web site of the Waco Tribune-Herald, a Cox newspaper for more than two decades and a presence in Central Texas since 1892. The Tribune-Herald's family tree includes five newspapers: Through the years, ownership of the various newspapers changed hands until 1927, when E.S. Fentress and Charles Marsh, owners of the Waco News-Tribune, bought the Waco Times-Herald. Those two papers were the beginning of the chain known as Newspapers Inc., a group that grew to include 13 daily newspapers with Waco as the headquarters. Harlon Fentress, son of E.S. Fentress, ran Newspapers Inc. until late 1975, when he decided to sell the chain to Cox Enterprises Inc. of Atlanta, Ga. Cox bought Newspapers Inc. in January 1976.
This article uses content from http://www.AboutUs.org