Raritan Yacht Club is one of the dozen oldest clubs in the country. We have been on Perth Amboy’s historic waterfront since 1865. It is a club run by the members for the members. We have a historic clubhouse, large yard, extensive mooring field and a busy launch service. Despite this we keep our fees low through active participation of the members. The club has a true volunteer spirit not only contributing their time to running and upkeep of the club but also providing a service to the local community.
The Raritan Yacht Club was founded to promote boating and to provide its members a safe place to enjoy the sport among friends. To that end, as members:
- We will practice good seamanship.
- We will demonstrate good sportsmanship.
- We will treat each other, our employees, our neighbors, and our fellow boaters with courtesy and respect.
- We will honor our Club, its traditions, and its property.
- We will participate in the larger boating community on behalf of our members and we will strive to be a good neighbor and a responsible citizen-organization within the community, the state and the nation