Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, DISH Network Corporation is a public company with approximately 22,000 employees. The Company delivers Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS) television products and services to customers nationwide.
Throughout its 28-year history, DISH Network has demonstrated its entrepreneurial spirit by achieving significant industry firsts:
- First company to offer a satellite receiver for less than $200
- First to develop a UHF remote control
- First to offer an Integrated Receiver Descrambler (IRD) for C-band satellite TV
- First nationwide installation network dedicated solely to satellite TV systems
- First to offer satellite receiver with built-in digital video recording
- First Satellite TV company to offer local channels to local markets in all 50 states
- First to offer an MPEG4 multi-room high definition and digital video recorder satellite receiver
DISH Network Corporation is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: DISH). Widely recognized in the communications industry for its research and development activities, DISH provides Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS) television products and services through its DISH NetworkTM. DISH Network is a single source for equipment distribution, sales, installation, service and programming.