Kellogg Community College was founded in 1956 by the Battle Creek Board of Education which operated it until 1970 when voters created an area-wide college district. The College, situated on sites in Battle Creek, Albion (Eastern Academic Center), Coldwater (Grahl Center), Hastings (Fehsenfeld Center), and Ft. Custer Industrial Park (Regional Manufacturing Technology Center), offers nearly 100 pre-professional college/university transfer curricula; approximately 40 occupational associate degree programs in health, business, secretarial, technical and public science fields; and over 30 certificate programs aimed toward job preparation; and related training for apprenticeships.
KCC provides customized training services designed and delivered to area businesses and institutions and a wide range of lifelong learning programs for personal enrichment. Over the past several years, hundreds of area businesses have received specialized training for thousands of employees and dozens of small businesses and individuals through the College ’s customized training programs. The College has received more than $2 million in grants from the Michigan Jobs Commission over the past several years.
The College was fully reaccredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools during the spring semester of 2002. During the spring 2002 semester KCC had 91 administrative personnel, 94 full time faculty members, 78 support staff, 21 maintenance persons, 100 part-time employees, and 200 part-time faculty. There were also 80 students employed.