In business, relationships are critical to getting the job done and doing it right. If you can’t communicate effectively and efficiently with your internal teams, vendors, customers and partners, your business goes nowhere. InterCall’s conferencing solutions help you stay connected to people whether they are in another state, another country or just across town.
InterCall is proud to receive Frost & Sullivan’s 2007 North America Conferencing Provider of the Year award. This title is awarded to the company that has demonstrated excellence within the conferencing industry and honors our ability to quickly deliver best-of-breed products while maintaining our commitment to customer satisfaction. Since 1991, InterCall has offered the broadest range of services to support the changing needs of small and large businesses. We offer the widest variety of global solutions through our proprietary products, as well as strategic partnerships with WebEx and Microsoft, to give you multiple conferencing options and greater flexibility. All of our services are integrated, which provides truly seamless collaboration and service delivery.
Technology & Security
You need to be available to your customers, co-workers and partners in order to keep your business running. You can’t do that without a conferencing vendor that is reliable, global and dedicated to helping you stay connected.
InterCall understands your need to communicate remotely while maintaining your strict security standards. Our audio and web conferencing services address that need through various features, architectures and network designs that provide an unparalleled remote meeting experience within a completely secure environment.
InterCall owns and maintains the most technologically advanced conferencing equipment worldwide. We use multiple network providers and partners to support our extensive product offering, and we have the ability to link multiple bridges together, so they act as one virtual bridge. This architecture design and our network engineered systems for non-blocking eliminate connectivity issues, supporting our goal of 99.9% uptime. And, with more than 140,000 ports globally, our capacity usage never exceeds 70%.
InterCall is also dedicated to the on-going development of conferencing and collaboration technologies, such as Voice over IP. We have IP conferencing running today that is the best in the market. Our approach to VoIP is different than other conferencing providers because our world-class architecture utilizes PSTN and IP along with media gateways. And we have other applications working on this platform, like speech and ANI recognition, which can be integrated with our conferencing services.
InterCall Web Meeting is InterCall's proprietary, collaborative web, audio and desktop video conferencing service. As a leading provider of integrated conferencing services, we are constantly creating dependable, feature-rich conferencing technologies that are advanced enough to replace many face-to-face meetings. That's why we developed the SwitchTower® network, a multimedia message-delivery architecture.
At its core, the architecture is comprised of a redundant, distributed server platform that supports the development of multiple conferencing applications. The result is a powerful end-user experience that combines the scalability and performance of a distributed model with the security and reliability of a centralized model. Key advantages of the SwitchTower network include:
- High-performance - The SwitchTower network is adaptable enough to balance and shift resources during peak loads in order to support bandwidth-intensive services such as multipoint video.
- Scalability - As our customers’ remote meeting usage grows, the SwitchTower network can easily scale to meet demand without service interruptions in both the ASP offering of today and on-premise environments of the future.
- Redundancy - The network is equipped with real-time failover capability ensuring that meetings are not affected by hardware or software failure.
- Security - Several encryption options and flexible security configurations are available to customers who require secure data sharing and access.
With Mshow®, InterCall’s other proprietary web conferencing solution, we use standard web conferencing functionality, and the following state-of-the-art features:
- Synchronization of one-to-many audio and video streams with presentation slides, web surfing and application sharing.
- Scalable architecture that concurrently supports hundreds of meetings, presentations and events.
- Pre-caching of presentations utilizing a proprietary file transfer protocol that facilitates flow control with consideration of other competing network bandwidth needs.
Our strategic partners also place a strong emphasis on technology. Their web conferencing services are built on advanced networks and architectures that will give you the best conferencing experience.
As web conferencing becomes a prominent tool for business, it’s critical that conferencing services be always on and fully available. During the last two years, Conference Place has achieved an average monthly availability of 99.99%, or less than five minutes of unscheduled downtime per month. This stellar track record is possible because the Conference Place data centers employ clustering, redundancy, load balancing, fault tolerance, failover management, and preventive design to ensure continuous service.
MeetingCenter™, EventCenter™, TrainingCenter and SupportCenter are all supported by the WebEx MediaTone network. The MediaTone Network is a fully redundant, private global network specifically designed to deliver web communications applications. Meeting data does not stop anywhere between you and your attendees, where traces of it might be left behind; instead, images and documents are compressed and encrypted prior to leaving your computer and then are sent out through the MediaTone Network. Nothing is stored on intermediate servers, which reduces latency, minimizes transport time and removes the threat of data theft. In addition, this distributed architecture prevents any single point of failure and gives you seamless and transparent fail-over so your meetings have enterprise-grade reliability.
InterCall's audio bridges are housed in various data centers around the globe. In each center, we maintain strict security measures that include electronic keys, biometrics and keypad doors to access the facilities. We also have on-site security personnel and video cameras so the data centers are monitored 24/7.
InterCall Web Meeting has exceptional security measures, both within the application and for our servers, databases and network. With the ease and convenience of remote communication comes the concern of sharing your company’s most sensitive information over the public Internet. The end-to-end security of your data is one of InterCall's top concerns. As a result, InterCall Web Meeting is equipped with multiple 128-bit encryption protocols to protect your meeting room before, during and after your meeting. InterCall gives you the unique ability to select which meeting features you would like to encrypt and allows for a secure meeting tailored to your individual needs without sacrificing performance. We offer our customers best-of-breed technology backed by a carrier-class telephony platform. InterCall’s conferencing network is comprised of multiple highly redundant telephony and data connections. Our systems are housed in internal data centers and are monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by designated InterCall engineers who focus solely on the conferencing network and data center.
InterCall hosts the Mshow service at the state-of-the-art Sunguard data center facility outside Atlanta, Georgia. Physical access to the Mshow production environment is secured through a combination of magnetic badge card readers, photo IDs and biometric fingerprint and retinal scanning devices. Security personnel monitor the building and the server cage space continuously.
Conference Place is built upon the context of Microsoft’s Trustworthy Computing initiative, which provides the policies and assurances that form the foundation for its security measures. By focusing significant effort toward addressing the three cornerstones of delivering a secure service—access controls, content storage and data transmission—Conference Place provides you with a highly reliable and secure web conferencing experience.
WebEx session content is switched using WebEx equipment located at WebEx owned and operated data centers worldwide. To gain access to any facility, one must be on the approved-access list managed by the WebEx security team. Access is further controlled by biometric security devices. The separation of duties that exists between WebEx security person¬nel and other WebEx personnel was a major factor that enabled WebEx to qualify for both WebTrust and SAS-70 Type II certifications.
Audio Conferencing Services
No matter what type of meeting you need to hold, InterCall's audio conferencing services give you a variety of features supported by expert service. From having access to an instant conference to working with our knowledgeable staff who help you plan and conduct an investor relations call, you can count on InterCall to offer you easy-to-use audio conferencing solutions.
Basic Audio Connections
- Reservationless-Plus—access an audio conference call whenever you need to get people together. No reservations required-all you need to initiate a call is your permanent dial-in number, conference code and PIN. Reservationless-PlusSM offers a variety of features to enhance your audio conference call, including record and playback, project codes for bill back, toll-free dial-in for international participants and operator assistance. Our online call management tool even lets you schedule, start, present and archive your audio conference on the web.
- Automated—make a reservation for your audio conference call and conduct it without the assistance of an operator. By dialing your permanent toll-free number and entering your passcode, you and your participants are immediately placed into the conference.
Enhanced Audio Connections
- Operator Assisted—streamline and manage your most demanding audio conference calls with this scalable, customized solution. Whether your audience is a dozen executives, investors and analysts or a 2500 member sales force, InterCall brings everyone together in one seamlessly planned, managed and executed event. Reservations are made over the phone or online, and you can add extra features, like Q&A, recording or transcription, to ensure you get everything you need from your call. At the time of your conference, participants dial a toll-free number and are greeted by an InterCall operator who places them into your meeting.
- Direct Event—take advantage of the scalability and customization of Operator Assisted combined with the convenience of Automated audio conferencing. Participants join your conference call by entering a passcode, eliminating the need to be connected by an operator. You can select from over 40 features to tailor each Direct EventSM call to your business communication needs.
Web Conferencing Services
For interactive meetings, online training sessions or powerful multimedia presentations, you can trust InterCall to provide reliable, flexible and easy-to-use web conferencing services. We have more web conferencing solutions, more personal attention and more experience that ensures your meetings and events go off without a hitch.
Basic Web Connections
- InterCall Web Meeting—enable better interaction and meet more often using InterCall Web Meeting. It brings you a unified, collaborative meeting experience by integrating audio, web and video conferencing into one easy-to-use service.
- Microsoft Office Live Meeting, offered by InterCall—host interactive, collaborative meetings by showing presentations, software and web sites.
- Meeting Center, powered by WebEx—use the Internet to share a PowerPoint® presentation, demonstrate software or show web site navigation.
Enhanced Web Connections
- Mshow®—connect with virtually anyone in the world using comprehensive event conferencing features, including streaming, slideshows and rich media or video integration.
- Event Center™, powered by WebEx™—get everything you need to manage your online event, from planning the seminar to conducting the meeting to post-event follow-up.
- Support Center , powered by WebEx—allow technical support professionals to transfer issues between reps, gather system information and diagnose desktop issues online.
- Training Center, powered by WebEx—deliver live, interactive training sessions. Share presentations, software and web sites, test and poll your participants and hold breakout sessions.
- SalesCenter, powered by WebEx—use the Internet to share a PowerPoint® presentation, demonstrate software or show web site navigation.
Sometimes you need to meet face-to-face with employees, customers or prospects, but due to time and budget constraints, an on-site visit isn’t possible. Video conferencing makes it easy to connect with people anywhere in the world so your interview or company-wide announcement feels more personal. You can put a face to a name and voice and really get your message across the way you intend it.
InterCall Video Conferencing lets you have a face-to-face meeting without leaving your office. You can conduct live training sessions, interviews or product launches. Bringing people together for virtual meetings saves time and travel costs and gives your conferences more impact. From our public video conferencing room rental program to equipment sales and training, we offer more options to ensure simplicity and personal attention to help you achieve your goals. Learn More
Video Conferencing Services
- Worldwide Room Rental—make it easy to join a virtual meeting by using our database of more than 9000 public video conference rooms. The rooms are available in almost every major city so you or your client can conduct business without having to spend time and money traveling.
- Video Equipment—let us assist you in purchasing the right equipment to get the most out of your video conferencing systems. No matter what your equipment or network requirements, we can find the right solution for you through our broad network of vendor relationships.
Unified Communications & Collaboration
Unified communications are about taking multiple channels and making that experience feel more streamlined. InterCall brings together all the different ways people can communicate with each other; whether you join or start a meeting using web, audio, video, or IM. This also gives you control over the way others communicate with you—so you choose how you’ll be available and when.
See how InterCall can provide your business Unified Communications.
What is Unified Communications? 00:02:25
Warren Baxley explains Unified Communications and how it is expected to change the way people work. View full video >>
Unified Meetings - The Starting Point
With partners like Microsoft and Cisco and well respected system integrators, InterCall is working to integrate communication services business people rely on today and deliver an experience called unified meetings. InterCall’s vision in this market is to provide organizations with options so they can choose the method that is right for them, either to help support and manage on-site systems or to allow connectivity to our hosted services through innovative tools and IP technologies.
Today’s Unified Meeting Tools
You can take advantage of these unified meeting features right now:
Audio integration with all web conferencing products: Even if the web platform is not a proprietary InterCall service, our audio conferencing services integrate for one-click dial-out connections and call controls from within the web screen.
Mobile Assistant: Start, join and manage InterCall audio conferences with a single touch from various mobile devices.
Connect2Meeting: Deliver automated reminders to your conference participants’ email inboxes to ensure meetings start on time and give them easy entry into the meeting.
Podcasting: Listen to your recorded conference by downloading it from the Internet to a personal audio player or aggregator.
Outlook® integration: Easily create, edit and schedule meetings with your pre-defined conferencing information, right from your Outlook toolbar.
Office Communicator Integration: Quickly escalate a group IM session to a web or audio conference
Core Unified Communication Competencies
Through our sales approach, we ensure our customers get the consultation they need to increase productivity with their communication tools.
- Dedicated consulting team
- Design and architect UC solutions including collaboration, video and voice integration
- Consultation on security and compliance solutions
- Deliver IP PBX or PBX Phone System integration to Exchange 2007 or Office Communication Server 2007
Helping You Evaluate
If you know your organization can benefit from a Unified Communication strategy and are currently evaluating Microsoft Office Communication Server, or Cisco Unified Communications Manager (formerly CallManager), InterCall can help:
- Discover workflow and communication processes
- Initiate a pilot of features for evaluation by a target group
- Standardize user contact information and integrate all existing and new business applications in the Unified Communications framework
If you're short on time and resources or just want some extra assistance to make sure your event is flawless, InterCall's expert event services team helps you plan, conduct and wrap-up your seminar so you can focus on your message.
At the moment you schedule your meeting, InterCall's specialized events team begins helping you plan and execute every detail.
- An event manager reviews your objectives and, if necessary, recommends additional services.
- After the consultation, in-depth rehearsals and checklist reviews take place to make sure everyone knows what to do and when.
- During your event, expert-level operators monitor the meeting, greet participants, introduce speakers and manage Q&A.
- Afterwards, we coordinate all follow-up activities, such as setting up the archive of your event, delivering transcription files and accessing participant reports.
From recommending appropriate features and conducting rehearsals to monitoring the live event and gathering report information, our dedicated specialists work with you, ensuring a more professional and successful event.
InterCall offers flexible solutions to meet your needs:
- Marketing: conduct online lead generation seminars or launch new products to media and analysts.
- Training: provide interactive training sessions for employees, partners and customers.
- Corporate Communications: deliver important company-wide announcements or interdepartmental conferences.
- Investor Relations: execute quarterly earnings calls with investors, analysts and media.
We have event packages with features and services designed to meet your needs.
More Options, More Service
InterCall is the largest conferencing service provider in the world. Along with a team of over 500 meeting consultants, we employ more than 1500 operators, customer service representatives, call supervisors, accounting, marketing and IT professionals. We serve over 400,000 individual conference leaders in more than 40,000 organizations around the globe with our range of audio, web and video conferencing services. Our strong U.S. presence, which includes five call centers and 26 sales offices, is bolstered by a global reach extending to Canada, Latin America, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan and India. With more than 140,000 conferencing ports available globally, InterCall can handle the largest conference calls in the industry.
InterCall is a division of West Corporation. West Corporation is a leading provider of outsourced communication solutions to many of the world's largest companies, organizations and government agencies. West helps its clients communicate effectively, maximize the value of their customer relationships and drive greater profitability from every interaction. The company’s integrated suite of customized solutions includes customer acquisition, customer care, automated voice services, emergency communications, conferencing, and accounts receivables management services. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, West has a team of 37,000 employees based in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information on West Corporation, please visit www.west.com.