The Troy School District will become an exemplary learning community that supports innovation and is committed to continuous improvement. The Troy School District will be a place where a collaborative community develops curriculum, instructional strategies, and assessment to ensure all students learn.
Our exemplary learning community will:
- Create a collaborative culture that ensures all students learn.
• A climate that fosters instructional collaboration
• A community of trust, mutual respect, empathy.
• An appreciation for diversity
• A physically safe and well-maintained learning environment
- Implement a relevant and rigorous curriculum.
• Lessons aligned to the current curriculum benchmarks, grade level content expectations (GLCE) or high school content expectations (HSCE)
• A comprehensive curriculum designed to ensure that all students have opportunities to exceed local, state, and national standards
• Innovative programs developed from current research and instructional trends.
- Continuously research, create, evaluate, and adapt best practice instructional strategies to ensure learning for all students.
• Purposeful use of instructional time
• Instructional strategies that meet the needs of all learners
- Use ongoing assessments as instruments to design and adapt instruction that ensures quality learning.
• Design formative and summative assessments based on current research.
• Assessments that measure the curriculum
• Assessments that consider all learning styles
• Assessment that include multiple levels of thinking