To serve as a national model for public service and regional transformation by:
- Preparing our students to compete and succeed in the global economy and multicultural society,
- Distinguishing ourselves by the ability to train and prepare leaders,
- Creating a strong, sustainable future for eastern North Carolina through education, research, innovation, investment, and outreach,
- Saving lives, curing diseases, and positively transforming health and health care, and
- Providing cultural enrichment and powerful inspiration as we work to sustain and improve quality of life.
Approved by the UNC Board of Governors – November 13, 2009